2009/06/26

R-r-roll Up the Rim - DAMN

Next thing I want to blog on is Tim Horton's roll up the rim (before last saturday).

I think that someone has cursed me when it comes to those things. I mean, seriously cursed me. Mega cursed.Why? Because I do not win.

Ever.

In all the years that they've run the contest, I've never won. I've never been able to feel the immense satisfaction of being a "winner". I've never felt warm and gooey inside because I've never won.

The cup says 1 in 9 odds.

Yeaahhhh right.

I've had like 25 cups so far - this time alone, and nada. Nothing to show for this.Everytime I go to open my cup my hopes are raised, only to be crushed. Every single time.Until last Saturday that is.

Brace yourself.

The way it all went down is my sister had a basketball tournament, and I, with nothing better to do, decided to go with her and my father. I had to get up at 5:45, because we were leaving at 6:20. I didn't actually get up until 6:15, but that's beside the point. I took my blanket and pillow inside the car so I could resume sleeping once we began our voyage. I did. Only to be prodded (inhumanely) awake once we reached the fine London Tim Horton's establishment so I could give my order. I got a large hot chocolate and a toasted sesame bagel with plain cream cheese. I wasn't entirely awake, nor did I want to be awake, so I once again resumed sleeping, leaving my hot chocolate and bagel for later.That's when things started to get really weird.

I had a dream, where I won roll up the rim. I woke up, and had my bagel and hot chocolate. As I went to roll up the rim I got this weird tingly feeling.I saw "gagner" which I realized was the french word for win.

I finally won! I was in shock, and I'm sad to admit, shaking from excitement.

It was a coffee!I was on top of the world.And that was just the beginning.

Shortly after, my sister played a basketball game. They won. Which may not seem like such a big deal, but you have to appreciate it - her team rarely wins.

After the game we had about 5 hours to kill before her next game, but not to worry, I managed to convince my dad to take me semi dress shopping. Which killed sometime. But, again, you have to understand he never takes me shopping (which is just as well considering when he does he just goes straight to the shoe department to sit down and whine).

I found the perfect dress. It's vintage, and nothing like anything else that you will see at semi. It's perfect - simply no other word for it.

After that we went to Tim's again. When I got my hot chocolate I got that tingly feeling. Before rolling up my rim I made my dad promise that if I won again he would buy a lottery ticket that I picked out.

I won! Again!

A donut.

But still. That's twice in one day. And I'd never won before. Ever.

I was feeling pretty awesome. It was the perfect day.My sister's team also won again! It was their longest winning streak of the season. (No lies)

After, we headed home, and true to his promise my dad stopped at a grocery store and let me pick out a lottery ticket. I picked Cash for Life.

But the tingly feeling wasn't there.

It was a pretty darn good day.

:)

No comments: