2009/06/19

Lakes and Oceans

So as some of you know, I live in K-tore(home of the creek, pond, variety store and four way stoplight), and yes it's a blast. Yes, I could blog on all the terrific times that I've had living in that quaint village. But I've decided to, mostly because I am bored, to tell you about my walk home (from the bus stop) today.

Yes, it's very true. I have to walk from a bus stop. It's awful. By the time I get home from my very long and very exhausting walk my legs feel as if they are going to fall off. There is only one word to describe that walk, treacherous. Yes, I said it. It's a perilous journey. I have to walk from the variety store all the way to the outskirts of town, in which I happen to reside in. Luckily, I have my sister to carry me when I feel like I just can't make it.
However, today, I was feeling quite energetic and felt able to complete the walk, all on my own. In fact I even had energy to spare! A rare occurrence indeed. I managed to not only walk all the way, but also to talk to my sister on the way as well. The majority of our conversation was focused on Lakes and Oceans.

It began when she saw the lovely K-tore pond. She told me that she wanted to go swimming. I agreed, I said that I wish we could go swimming in the ocean again. She gave me a peculiar look, asking when had I ever been swimming in the ocean. I replied, all the time, like twice a summer. She asked me if I was sure I wasn't making it up. I said I was sure. Because we do! Then, after a few minutes of silence while she digested my piece of information, she piped up, do you mean the lake? Yeah, I guess I did, I told her. Thus sparking a big debate on lakes vs oceans, lasting at least five minutes.

You see, even though many argue that I am quite the genius (:D), I can not distinguish between Oceans and Lakes if my life depended on it. In fact I question why we bother calling them to different things. Obviously it's to confuse people, even the intelligent ones, like me. It's most likely the government's doing. (:D) They get a kick out of confusing the masses.

So, after she attempted to discourage me from using the term ocean (she failed) we got into a fight about why I would want to go the "ocean". She claimed that whenever we go I refuse to go into the water and therefore there is no point in me even going. I said I don't go into the water because there is stuff in it (Blech.. it's like bathing in a tub of waste) but that shouldn't be the only reason I, or anyone else, would go to the beach. Her, quite nasty may I say, response was that what else would people do there? I retorted that the reason that I go to the Ocean is to play in the sand!! She asked what happens when those sand lovers get hot, I said they pour water on them. She then asked where from, I said from sanitary bottles of water. She then said I was a tool. Ending the debate, and also declaring me the winner (she had nothing left to say). I was a good day. I do believe that I can go head to head with the best of them.

There really wasn't a point to this blog but I wanted to tell all you cynicals out there, (heehemm Stephanie) that a person can go to the OCEAN and not have to swim in the water. They can play in the sand!

Oh, and those who say that pouring water from water bottles is a waste, well I reuse the bottles, because, I do actually care about the environment.

No comments: