2009/06/19

I hate clocks

Yes. There I said it. I simply despise clocks. For numerous of reasons. But I especially despise them after what happened to me today.

So why the hate against innocent clocks?, you may ask. Well I shall explain, but let me clear up one thing, clocks are anything but innocent.

I suppose the hatred can be traced back to my childhood. It's the pressure that they emit on children. Whenever I was late, I could just feel the glare of the clock. "Hurry up, hurry up" "You will never make it, never".

I'm sorry, but I just can't put up with that kind of nonsense. It continued throughout my entire childhood. Now, everytime that I see a clock, anger runs through my veins, my fists clench. I hate them with all my heart. Always setting impossible standards, mocking us when we fail.

Now, you may be thinking that I need a psychoanalyist, and while you may be right, I should tell you what happened to me this morning. It was something that only strengthened my ill feelings. I was attacked by a clock this morning.

No really, I was.

There is a clock in my room above my door. It is fairly large, made out of hard plastic and is quite heavy, oh and apparently, it has a grunge against me. I was just minding my own business, a little upset that someone took the last bagel for breakfast, so I decided to go on msn and complain about my brother. As I walked in the door of my room, BANG! The clock fell... on my head :'(. It made quite a lot of noise too.

Well that hurt, alot. I had to go lay down for a while. It still hurts, I have a little goose egg on my head from where it hit. When my sister saw me she asked what happened. I told her, she, with everyone else, laughs everytime they see me. Nice to know that they find that funny.

That incident cemented my feelings about clocks. Nothing will ever change the way I view them now; little house appliances that attack innocent people.

That clock is now still on my floor, it shall be in the garbage soon though, I'm just a little scared to go near it - in the fear that it might attack me, again.

So hear my warning folks, get rid of your clocks! They are plotting revenge against you! Especially make sure that you remove heavy ones from above your door. That's pretty much asking for the clock to hurt you, so I learned today.

Ouch!

No comments: