2009/06/26

Let's Pull the Moon From the Sky and Have Spring!

Today, after having our lunches, myself and an accomplice wandered around the school, as we often do when we're bored. After traisping through the English and Tech hall, we proceeded to inch down to our next class, which just so happened to be in the English wing.

During this time, mainly because we have nothing better to do, we often debate on certain, mostly insane, things. We call it intellectuall stimulus, and yes, it does make us feel better about ourselves.

Today I brought up the topic. It was an idea. Something that I recall having heard in the seventh grade from my science teacher. At the time I wrote this idea off as insane and that the person wanted to kill us all. But, after I thought about it, I like this idea - although it is doubtful that it will ever be reality.

We all know that the Earth is on a tilt, providing us with seasons (or at least, I hope we all know this). Well the concept is centred around that fact. A few years ago a guy came up with the idea if we pull the moon down it could re-centre the earth, so there is no more tilt. No tilt would provide us with spring all year round, instead of extreme weather conditions.

Back when I was an ignorant, narrow-minded child, I immediately disliked the idea. The reaction that I had was somewhat like the following, "That psychopath is going to kill us all! How the hell is he going to pull the moon from the sky? Where is the moon going to fall? What will happen to the people that live there? Basically: what is this guy smoking?"

My friend had a similar reaction. She asked me what I was smoking as well.

Now my opinion has completely changed. This may be crazy. I like crazy. But if you think about it, in theory it should work. It. could. work.

Now, that excites me. As much as I like winter, I don't. At all.I'm giddy at the thought of spring forever! I love spring. Not too hot, not too cold.

Still the skeptic my friend asked how they would get the moon down. Duh. I replied, "it's so simple, you just get this big lasso, tie it around the moon a few times and drag it down!" It could work. After I said that we laughed at me for about 5 minutes.

But in all seriousness, I'm sure that mankind could find a way. After all, we've done many things, in which we once thought were impossible. I don't think that this could be to much of a challenge.

You might have a similar reaction as my friend did. That's okay. But I really do encourage you to think about it more. How cool would it be if we actually did this?

Beyond cool.

Think outside the box now and then.

No comments: