2010/07/06

Twilight and Blathers

Ok, yes, I know, I'm bad. I haven't posted in awhile. Really, it's not because I haven't been trying, because I have been: I have about a gazillion half drafts started, I've just been going through a bit of a writer's block. Everything I have written lately has been major shiz (like the really stinky kind) and I haven't bothered posting because of that.

Honestly, not much has happened lately. I mean, I could tell you about my day, but since it mainly consists of sleeping, reading, eating and melting (no really - it's SO hot outside right now and our air conditioning sucks big time balls), I'm pretty sure I would bore you to tears. It's really not that exciting lately. I think the biggest excitement I've had in the past few days is going to work with my dad, and really ... watching him try to fix a laptop and talk to his boss isn't all that exciting (shocking, I know, but it's true).

Oh, on the plus side I got into a class that I was wait listed for at University so woot. It was a geography class, and I have a feeling geography might end up being my major, so that's always good. If I can get into the other two classes I've been wait listed for, I'll be super duper happy. That's right, I went there: not just super, but super duper.

Last night I watched New Moon. Yes, I was really bored. Let me say for the record, it was purely scientific in nature; I merely wanted to compare zee movie to zee books. Yes, I've read the books - all of them. But wait! Before you judge, I only read it so a friend would read the greatest book series ever, far superior to Twilight, aka Harry Potter; it was a trade-off of sorts, although very unfair for me. In my defense, I cried while reading them: I felt like my IQ dropped 349240 points with every word I read.

And, while watching the movie, I felt my brain gooping out of my ears. I do not recommend the movie, no siree. Really, there's like no plot, just these moony teenagers giving each other the googly eyes and professing their love/hatred for one another ... hardly intellectually stimulating and it's pretty easy to sum up (spoiler alert):
Edward: I love you Bella
Bella: I love you too
Jacob: But Bella what about me?
Bella: You're a really good ... friend
Edward: I hate you Bella. I never want to see you again.
Bella: Ok. *goes off to be miserable*
Jacob: Snap out of it Bella, love me instead! I'll never hurt you.
Bella: I like hanging out with you.
Jacob: *turns into a werewolf*
Bella: You said you wouldn't hurt me!
Jacob: I still love you, no matter how rude I am.
Bella: I miss Edward.
Edward: Bella, I don't want to live without you anymore.
Bella: Ditto.
Jacob: What about me Bella?!
Bella: It will always be Edward.
Jacob: *pouts*
... I mean really, I don't think the movie needed to be two hours. Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter: it's a cash cow, and we've gotta milk that sucker till it's dry! Oh Hollywood, how I despise you sometimes.

I don't really think I have anything else to say except, "If you were to take a burning ember, somehow quickly make it look like a delicious mint, offer it to someone and get them to eat it, it is totally possible for you to cause someone to die of 'ember-as-mint'. But while everyone should applaud your terrible/great pun, it probably won't get you sympathy for your murder charge, you know?"

No comments: