2010/07/14

My Dad is Evil

Yep, despite all my vows and proclamations not to get a job this summer, I have one. *wails from the rooftop* - There go all my summer plans! Whaa? You don't call lounging around, reading, mastering guitar hero and occasionally playing tennis or golf summer plans? Who are you? Clearly, you have not lived.

I'll give my dad one thing though, he is nothing if not crafty.

Two days ago he's all like, 'Hey, fax your resume to this place. It's a long shot but you might be able to get a job', and I'm all like 'Ugh pass', but then he gives me this evil glare that reeks of hatred combined with disappointment so I sigh and say 'ok, if it'll appease you I will'.

I was under the impression that the job was a long shot, like my father had so graciously told me. Let me tell you something, he lied. Plain and simple, he lied. He knew that these people were so desperate to hire someone that they would even take me. Hell, I'm now under the impression that they would have hired a monkey as long as it could follow instructions.

Blaaah, long story short, they called me this morning 'hey can you be here at 8:00 tomorrow?' and me, while glaring at my father with the evil death stare that I have mastered, 'I guess'. Now I have to get up at 6:30; what kind of summer is that?!?!?!

I haven't even got to the worst part yet folks. Brace yourself, I'm working on a farm! Me, a farm girl, who would have thunk? Probably not you, especially if you know me, you'll know that I'm not one for manual labour, mindless tasks .... farms in general. So instead of being cool, eating popsicles, reading my little heart out, I'll be outside. In the scorching heat. Doing back-breaking manual labour. On a farm.

Thanks dad, really appreciate it. What? You sense that sentence oozing sarcasm, oh me, sarcasm?! Never. Really, thanks. *rolls eyes*

I'll blog about my first day tomorrow, assuming that a) I survive in the first place and b) I don't crash when I get home immediately.

No comments: