2010/07/16

I'm Werkin' Girl ... And I Hate It!

So, I know that I said that I was going to blog yesterday about my first day a la my brand spankin' new job but that was before I spent 7 1/2 hours on my feet walking with an apron that feels like a hundred pounds in the hot hot sun.

Oh yeah, as you can probably tell, it was a blast. An absolute blast. If you think that last phrase was dripping with sarcasm, please award yourself a bonus point for being right. (What this bonus point means, I do not know - hopefully it makes you feel special and that is reward enough, if not, go to your local convenience store and try to cash it in. Do not blame me if it doesn't work; please let me know if it does).

Today was even worse because we went the full nine hours, although at times it was ok because there was a slight breeze.

Can I just say something? My feet KILL.

Oh, and the worst part my hours: 8 - 5 (minimum - they'll ask you to stay later) from monday - saturday ... That means I only get one day a week off. How does one go from having a seven day weekend to a one day weekend?!

I know, it's a complete and utter tragedy. How the heck am I even supposed to put a dent in my reading list now?! I've only read one book thus far (Pillars of the Earth, it was good) and my goal is, or rather, was, 25 books at least. I can't read when I come home, I've been so exhausted, it's taking up all my energy to type this - and this post sucks. I think that the sun has zapped all my wittiness away. I'm boring now. Me, boring! What is this world coming to?! Or maybe the better question is, what am I coming to?! Never did I think that a) I would have a job or b) be boring! *sob*

Oh, yeah, speaking of the sun. It's a really good idea to put me, the sunscreen addict, into direct sun for 9 hours. I swear, I bet my coworkers think I bathe in sunscreen or something, I reek of it, and I'm always putting it on constantly. Buuuut, it is working, I'm still as pasty white as ever - well, except for the back of my neck, which totally has a farmer's tan (and it's pretty brown too). Gosh, I'm just going to look so weird when I get back into dresses with farmer's tan galore - fun, I'm looking forward to it. (Award yourself another bonus point if you detected sarcasm).

On the plus side, I can really rock the whole full brim hat thing now that I'm getting oodles of practice.

And I get to think a lot. Today I mainly thought about this crazy weird dream I had last night, but hey, that's not really new now is it?

No comments: