2010/07/23

Finally! Let zee blogging commence!

Hey my brethren! Brothers? Peeps? Home dogs? Ragtag gang of neighbourhood toughs? I have no idea, what do y'all want to be called? Personally, I'm just going to go on record and say that my favourite has to be the ragtag gang of neighbourhood toughs (another Arrested Development reference) - it reeks of class. Really why does Tobias get to have all the fun?! I'd kill for my own ragtag gang of neighbourhood toughs!

Anyway, it's about 10:20 on a Friday morning. Yep, it's the morning and I'm blogging. I can already hear you saying, 'But why? Don't you work? :o Were you fired?! Are you playing hooky?! Were you kidnapped?! Did the sun not rise today?!'

But please, don't fret my pretties I have not been fired - yet, although it is always within the realm of possibility as my boss has threatened to fire several people over the past week - yes, it's slightly scary but I believe that my charming personality and sweet demeanour has landed me on to the good side of his book. Nor am I playing hooky, it was pissing down rain this morning, and seriously, you can't have a threesome with corn if it's pissing down rain ... tee hee ... so no work this morning (score, as this means that my feet won't be as sore tonight).

That leaves the last option, kidnapping. Yes, if you guessed that, you're right. No really, although ... if you've been taken by your mom does that count as kidnapping? And also, what if you're not a kid?

These are life's big questions that I often find myself pondering about on rainy afternoons and right before I go to bed. (But if it's a sunny afternoon I choose to ponder a different set of questions, mainly, why is the centre of a DQ Icecream cake - the fudgy part with the cookie crumbs - so darn delicious?! ... And then I ponder why my mom won't by me such cake).

As for the sun not rising, I just looked out the window and there doesn't seem to be any rioting on the street, worshiping of satanic goats, a sober Lindsay Lohan, or any other signs that the world is ending so ... I think that we're good.

Anyway, I'm currently being held against my own will at my mom's place of work. What had happened was, it hadn't started raining until I was about 5 minutes away from work and I couldn't go home since my mom was already late for work. The solution? I must suffer rather than be home napping in my sweet, warm bed.

Can I just say, I'm like an icecube right now. Really, the airconditioning is blasting at maximum power and it's really close to me. I tried to nap earlier but napping is kind of hard to do in a hard chair ... my neck kills.

I know, poor me. :(

On the plus side, I managed to guilt-trip my mom into buying me a kitkat bar. Note to all members of my ragtag gang of neighbourhood toughs, if you want to get on my good side all you have to do is bribe me with candy or chocolate, or even better, both. Seriously, my tooth is so sweet it's insane :).

And I finished a Fine Balance - which I started at Christmas (yikes) I liked it, except the ending was a little sad. Other then that, totally recommend it.

But I should go, I have to call into work soon and see if they need me in the afternoon.

Be cool!

No comments: