2009/09/24

So Basically...

I'm feeling quite hyper right now, and in the mood to write, so I think I'm going to write another post while I'm at it - lucky you guys.

This is something that happened to me last year, and it's quite random (are you noticing a pattern yet?) but I still find that it gives me a little chuckle whenever I think about it.

Last year I was sitting in class, and I'm going to be honest, I really didn't want to be there. In fact, that's kind of an understatement: I wanted to be anywhere but there (even if anywhere was in the Amazon being chased by rabid alligators, or sitting in a bathtub full of purple Koolaid).

I was listening to the lecture intently - and by intently I mean in between my brief naps - and I noticed the teacher kept saying the same phrase, 'so basically...' over and over and over again. Being as bored as I was, I decided to get out a piece of paper and count how many times she said it in a 5 minute span.

I counted 8 in less than a minute, and each time she said it I would snicker to myself louder. By the 10th time I was having a hard time containing myself, and the person who sat next to me looked over and shot me glance that basically said 'are you high?' (I wasn't, although, I'm sure she wasn't the only one who was thinking that that day.)

And damn, the fire alarm just went off for real - which sucks because I was really in the writing zone.. Oh well, continuing the story.

After she shot me the glance, and because she hated the class almost as much as I did (no one could hate it more than I did - although several people came close), I let her in on what was so funny. The teacher kept saying it, and we were breaking down in to hysterics. We literally could not contain the laughter and everyone, at somepoint, stared at us.

I think the count was 18 times, but we didn't count for the entire 5 minutes because we were interrupting the class with our muffled (or at least semi-muffled) giggles. If looks could kill, we would have been annihilated because our teacher was shooting daggers at us.

Normally, I'm not that disrespectful in class (or outside of it that matter), but that day was an exception because I really didn't care at that point. Besides, there wasn't a real harm in it, it was fun!

I think it was a kind of you had to be me or her moment to fully appreciate this story but, I'm publishing it anyway so I don't forget about it, that, and because it's random - kinda like this whole blog.

The bell is going to ring soon, so I'm going to log off.

Talk to you in awhile crocodiles.

No comments: