2009/09/22

Don't panic mom, I just think that, err, I'm a tad psychic...

Ha! Can you actually imagine if I told my parents I was psychic? If you can't, picture this: Me with a dead serious face, my parents rolling on the floor, uncontrollably laughing their asses off.

My parents already think I'm weird enough - but even I have enough common sense to know that I shouldn't say something as bold and outlandish as that. My parents are quite square and narrow when it comes to matters like psychic powers.

But I totally think I have psychic powers - or at least a form of them.

No, before you get all excited, I can't predict your future or anything like that. These powers aren't very strong, but I know that I have at least a smidgen of them - which is more than most people can say.

I can sense if I'm going to see a certain person throughout the day, well before I actually see them.

I know, you're probably going - ohh... that's lame. But, let me ask you this one simple question, can you do that without fail? Because I really can.

How can I tell? My stomach gets a funny feeling, and I immediately think of the person. It's really weird, but I'm telling the truth here - as far fetched as it may seem.

You want me to give you an example? Sure, in fact, the reason that I'm blogging about it, as you may have guessed, is indeed because this happened to me today, this morning to be more accurate.

I was casually sitting on the bus staring out the window, wishing that I was, well, anywhere except on the bus. I was just minding my own business. My eyelids would occasionally droop, and head would first fall forward, and then snap back as I was jerked awake. All of a sudden, my stomach had that weird feel, and I immediately thought of a name (a name that will remain nameless for anonymity's sake). When I got to school, that person was the 4th (ish) person I saw. And this happens on a daily basis.

Sure it's not everybody, it's only people I really like, or people I really dislike (but not hate - because hate is a strong word). But still, it gives me a nice little warning of what to expect.

And mom - or anyone else who doesn't believe me - this is not the result of an over active imagination, I truly believe that I have special powers.

But these powers, like most other powers, are very draining on my energy. So with that, I think I have to go to bed before I crash right here, using my laptop as a pillow.

Later gator.

No comments: