2010/06/30

Let's just take a moment ...

"That’s the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it’s impossible to ever see the end."

And you know what? When you don't see the end, it all becomes insignificant, meaningless, and the point of everything - life in general - is questioned. I know, this is exactly how I felt. When there isn't an end in sight, that's the hardest thing in this world because you cannot rationalize the fact that it will get better: it won't. It simply will not get better - or so your mind, perhaps the most powerful thing in your body, tells you. And if it doesn't get better, how can you be expected to live?

The above quote describes why I went through what I did, and I think that it is a valuable thing to mention. Thankfully now I do see an end: things have already started to get better, and they will continue to do so. It's still worth mentioning though.

This is a short blog post, I know, but the thing is I'm not in the country right now: I'm on my summer vacation and I've spent all day walking/doing touristy things - I'm exhausted. Damn, that sounds really secretive doesn't it? I haven't said where I am; I would tell you, but the thing is it's kind of top secret, something I'm definitely not willing to broadcast all over this blog: if I did, I'm pretty sure my dad would *murder* me. (cue creepy/secretive spy music) - nah, it's nothing like that ... it's just hard to explain. I'll blog more later when my feet don't feel like they have been walking on hot coals, fused with nails, for the entire day.


No comments: