2010/01/18

Just Popping In

Hey guys! I know I said I was going to post more often - and I really am going to - I'm just currently getting bogged down with mounds of homework.

You see that girl in the distance frolicking in the meadow? That's not me, I'm the one beside her drowning in papers.

Oh shit. I think the paper monster just ate me.

*sigh*

I better go fish myself out.

*combats paper monster*

*emerges victorious after several attempts*

Eesh. School sucks.

Anyway, I thought I would pop in and give you something to read - although it's probably not that entertaining. I'm working on a post labeled "Ketchup and Mustard" I believe that when it's finished it will be highly entertaining. It's quite long though, so it's taking awhile to write.

I'll leave you with a poem I wrote for Geography - only y'all should remember that I'm not a poet and I wrote this in 5 mins so it's quite suckish.

T'is about the environment (or more specifically the monstrosity known as the Alberta Oil Sands) and the *cough* bastard *cough* corporations that are destroying it because they have a bad case of iwantmoremoneythanicouldeverneed-itis.

Is it really worth it?

Beneath the ground 10’s of 1000’s of feet
The people and the Earth they do cheat
Companies far and wide put on a show
Because of the riches down below

It chokes the life out of mother nature, the world is now on fire
Just for some company’s greedy desire
So much for the company’s vow
The destruction is beyond reparable now

The riches have been drained from the land
The world has been engulfed by sand
No homes or food can people find
It is our death sealed and signed

The company is gone, it is no more
Nature vs. man erupts into a full blown war
Everyone is harmed and dead
Why didn’t nature just take the company and their “riches” instead

For the riches of a few the rest must die
Lets hear the truth and ask them why
We want to know, the truth is long overdue
In your grave are the riches still with you?

No comments: